Sophie had a very busy second month with Christmas, New Years, and meeting lots of new friends. We celebrated Christmas with Paul's family on December 23rd. It was the first time all 5 of the Muchnick cousins got together. I pray that Sophie has close relationships with all of her cousins. It was so sweet to see them all interact with each other. After the Muchnick dinner, Paul and I drove to Knoxville. We spent the next few days with my family. I had several friends and extended family come over to meet sweet Sophie. Christmas took on a deeper meaning for me this year as I celebrated it with my new baby girl. I just kept thinking over and over about the birth of Christ and how truly incredible that must have been for Mary and Joseph, and then for the wisemen to travel all that way to see the our Savior!! Paul and I are so thankful for our daughter and the blessing she has been in our lives already!
Muchnick Family Christmas. We added 3 new members to the family this year! Daniel was born in April and Abigail was born in July! I love that Sophie has cousins so close in age!
Sophie did have on a really cute red velvet Christmas dress until she soiled it, and being the first time mom that I am, I did not pack any other cute outfits....I learned my lesson. Here are Sophie's sweet cousins.
L-R: Abigail, Matthew, Sophie, Grace, and Daniel (who is clearly loving this photo shoot!)
In Knoxville, my longtime friends, Emily and Amy, came to meet Sophie. I miss these dear friends so much! I hate I only get to see them 1-2x a year!
I can't get enough kisses from this sweet angel!
Christmas morning with my parents and brother. We had a wonderful Christmas with them and can't wait for Tim's bride-to-be, Teckla, to join us next year for Christmas!
Our family......love my husband and girls so much!!
4 Generations: Sophie meeting her great grandmother.
Worn out after a long day of opening gifts and meeting extended family.
When we got back from Knoxville, our friends, Andrew and Ruth McElroy, came to visit and meet Miss Sophie. The McElroy's live in Boston and we miss them so much!!
Here is "old" Mallory, Laurie, and Celia spending some sweet time with my angel.
I love this picture of Sophie napping in Laurie's arms.....so precious!!
So thankful to be experiencing all these new mom/baby things together and have someone to talk to who is going through the exact same things.
New friends: Mallory and Sophie
For New Years, Abby, Chris, and Avery Ireland came to stay with us. We have missed them so much and it was so nice to get to spend time with them again. Sadly, I don't have a picture of all of us so here is a picture of Paul and Chris and their mini-me's. Both of our daughters look so much like their daddies.
Sophie enjoying some playtime with Tate and John Michael. Watch out boys.....Sophie is not allowed to date.....ever! ;)
Paul spending some quality snuggle time with his "girls"......I am so thankful to have a husband who loves his girls so much and enjoys spending time with them.
Sophie at 2 Months on January 17th, 2012
Here are Sophie's stats and fun facts at 2 Months:
-10 lb 4 oz. (28%), 22.5 in (58%)
-wearing size one diapers
-able to wear newborn gowns and some newborn clothes but length is getting too short; wearing size 0-3 month clothes; 3 months clothes are still too big
-much more social these days
-she loves looking towards bright lights, especially TV (but Paul and I try not to let her look at the TV)
-turning head more to sounds
-more social with nursing and getting faster with nursing
-nursing 7x a day
-has gone 6.5-7 hrs between feedings on her own at night a few times, but typically sleeps 5-5.5 hrs
-good temperament, rarely fussy
-takes wonderful naps (4 naps/day: 3, 2 hr naps, and 1, 1 hr nap), cries for less than 1 minute and sometimes not at all
-knows her mommy and daddy
Honey came to visit for Sophie's 2 Month birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment